Review- Luscious Hydrating Lip Primer

If you guys are following the Luscious cosmetics Facebook fanpage,Then by now, you would've read about their Signature Lipstick range that they are planning to launch soon. The interesting thing here is that they have,for the very first time in Pakistan,introduced a Lip primer in this range. This did catch my attention and I had an opportunity to try out the Lip primer.










My Experience:
This was my first ever encounter with a lip primer. Even though lip primers have been around since a while and are being offered by different international companies,I never really paid any heed to them because my makeup style is totally understated lips.Even sometimes bare. I normally prime my lips with a concealer if ever needed.

Starting with the packaging,It's totally different from their previous one. Now it's a plastic case with the shade of lipstick indicated by this round ball like thing. It actually reminds me of NYX black label lipstick. What you guys think?

In case any of you guys are wondering,a lip primer is something that's applied on bare lips before applying lipstick or gloss and it is supposed to help give a nice base for your lipstick to glide on and make it last longer without feathering or bleeding.

As for me,feathering or bleeding is not a problem since I never wear bold colors but yes,staying power is my major concern specially because I have weird habits of licking my lips and munching every second.

So I tested this with 2 products,1st with my rimmel vinyl max gloss which has a problem of feathering and accumulating in the lines of my lips and then with my NYX round lipstick which doesn't have a good staying power.

The bullet has no color and glides on smoothly. It's moisturising and makes my lips very smooth for the lipstick to be applied. I did like it with NYX round lipstick because it made it glide on more smoothly then it normally does and helped deliver the color  more quickly to some extent.
As with the vinyl gloss,It already is a very smooth textured gloss but what I wanted to test was the creasing of color. Normally after a while the dark pink color easily builds up in the lines of my lips,with this primer on,I would not say they completely vanished, but the amount somewhat decreased. Maybe if the texture of primer was more rich it would help it even more.
But It did help increase the life of both the products on my lips.

Over all my experience with this primer was very good keeping in mind that it's my first lip primer.It does provide a very nice base for your lip products to be applied and helps them stay in place.I'm waiting for the weather to change slightly and then I'll update you guys on how well it works in summers.But this is definitely a nice addition to Luscious cosmetics lip range. Its a good thing that they keep on experimenting and bring out new products every now and then.

This product will be launched soon so stay tuned :)


Do you guys use lip primer? Which one do you like?
Do let me know :)
xoxo



Sample sent for review

15 comments:

This seems like a cool idea! I don't think you wrote down what the price was? Great review!

www.nayabloves.blogspot.com

such a wonderful product :)

@nayabloves: It's not launched yet. I'll update it when they announce the price :) <3

Looks like a good product for lipstick lovers. Nice review

great review. I dont want to shell out a lot of money for a lip primer, go guess will try this :)
http://allthatsparklesbyb.blogspot.com/

love the decent packaging
waiting for it to be launched so that i can try this :)

Seems cool! I've never used a lip primer before.

Im having a giveway, want to check it out?
http://seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-cutey-charm-bracelets-and.html

Ive never used a lip primer, I always just use a bit of lip balm to moisturize my lips before wearing lipstick. This looks nice.

I never thought of a lip primer before but after reading this im giving it a thought:) and esp when its Luscious my favourite brand:) Following ur blog
xoxo

I nominated you for a versatile blogger ;)

i havent used a lip primer before but I really want to!

great review! xx

This comment has been removed by the author.

Cool product! Just stumbled upon your blog, and am your newest follower, please check mine out and follow if you like what you see :)

www.mybeautymemoirs.blogspot.com

xo

Post a Comment