Review- Sleek Glisten Me Liquid Iluminator


I've been looking for a good liquid illuminator since ages. So when Just4girls.pk announced that they've become the official re-sellers of Sleek makeup,I scanned all of sleek's product and stumbled upon this illuminator. I can't believe I didn't pay attention to it before. I should have gone for it ages ago.
Sleek Glisten Me Liquid Iluminator 
A liquid illuminator containing light reflecting mica pigments for highlighting areas of the face such as the brow and cheek bones to create a glowing appearance. It can also be used to add a glistening look all over the body.

For highlighting, apply a small amount of the liquid to finger tips and smooth gently over the skin. For an overall glowing complexion, mix a small amount of the product with your usual foundation and apply. 30ml




Sleek Glisten Me in Empress.



My Experience:

The one thing I've always wanted to have was that glossy glow on cheeks. It just looks so amazing and glam but I don't think I ever succeeded in creating it,the result of a foundation with dewy finish is another thing,I'm talking about that extra shine that adds an oomph to you face. 
This illuminator actually gave the result that I was expecting. I never paid attention to it on sleek's site. My main interest was towards their blushes and eye palettes. Where the hell was I sleeping?

So after doing a little research I couldn't resist myself from ordering this.It comes in two shades Empress and Goddess. I got empress since it was lighter. Goddess has more of bronze tones to it. Since I only wanted glow I went for empress. If you are more of a bronzed glow person then Goddess might be the one for you. The container is a small glass bottle with 30ml of product. I think it is alot since you need a very small amount for application. They've provided with a spatula under the lid. The amount present on half of the spatula is enough for both cheeks in my case.

The texture of this illuminator is very smooth and creamy. It's neither too thick nor runny. I like how light  it feels on skin.The last thing you want on your face is something heavy on top of your foundation.
Since it blends very easily you need a very light strokes of brush to set this on your cheeks.I use a stippling brush for my application but that's just my preference. You can use your fingers as well to apply it by tapping it on the areas you want to highlight. I usually take some out at the back of my hand,dip in the stippling brush and apply it on the face. If I want an intense glowy look I stipple it very lightly but if it's day time and I just want a glow,then I just swirl the stippling brush to blend it in.

It's lasting power is okay though. On my face it lasts for around 2-4 hours. I wish it lasted more because when you're out,the few things you may re-touch are only powder,blush or lipstick. Highlighter is not something that I would carry around in my bag. 

Since it is colourless, you don't have to worry about the colour of your foundation being changed. You can easily apply it on specific parts like cheeks,On the cupid's bow nose or even collar bones without creating colour,but just sheer natural glow.

If you want a very light glow all over your face,you can even mix some of it with your foundation. I did try that but I like to use separately more than when mixed with foundation simply because I have big pores around my nose and I don't want to highlight them. Speaking of pores,even when using it separately,do not bring it anywhere near your open pores or bumpy skin. They'll get accentuated and make your skin look bad. 

End Note: Love this Illuminator! It's probably the best highlighter I've tried so far so I'm gonna be repurchasing this when I run out of this bottle (If Ever!). If you're a fan of glowy cheeks then I would definitely recommend this.

Where to buy: Just4girls.pk(For Pakistan.They are now the official re-sellers of sleek over here so you won't have to pay extra charges for the products.) and Sleek

Price: 1150Pkr, $8.00




Have you guys tried this? Which is your favourite Illuminator?
Do let me know :)
xoxox

9 comments:

Wow, this is so pretty. Nice post! xxx

This looks amazing. I may give it a try. :)

ahhhh i wonder if they do my shade, this is nice though

http://www.jbeyouzaina.blogspot.com

i really wish I could get my hands on some sleek products, especially their eye shadows

It looks great product...I have one in clarity and want to add other one in my stash hope this one

Post a Comment