Color Studio's Matt Perfection foundation promises to cover imperfections leaving a natural matte finish. With the weather leaning towards the unpleasent-hot side, everyone including me is switching to products with a matte finish and light texture. Lets see if this foundation lives up to it's claims.
My Experience:
Color Studio's Matt Perfection foundation is a light weight cream foundation with a nice and smooth texture. At the very first glance this had a spongy mousse kind of appearance but right after I swatched it, the creamier side of the product appeared. It comes in a sleek black case, exactly same as the invincible powder compact. Since the two are from the high performance makeup range, they share the same packaging.
Ivory is a medium shade with yellow undertones. It looks pretty orange inside the pan, but upon application it turns lighter. Ivory is perfect for NC25-30 skin tones.
As much as I love cream foundations because of their coverage, I do get annoyed by the fact they feel too heavy on skin and in summers, creams are a big No for me. Surprisingly, this foundation was a lot different from all of the cream compacts I've tried so far.
The texture is actually very light and applies sheer on a single application. The swatch above is a result of 2-3 swipes. This was basically what I loved about this particular foundation. It feels extremely light on skin without appearing cakey. So my skin is actually able to breathe underneath and I don't have to worry about clogging of pores.
It gives a complete matte finish, with a smooth overall appearance. Those with dry skin, will have to give their skin a fair amount of moisture before application as it can pretty much enhance dry patches on your skin.
As for me, I like to apply it with a wet sponge (the same that comes with the packing). It helps me with an even application and gives a more natural finish.I make sure I don't use it in patting motions on areas where I have big pores as it can accumulate inside the them which doesn't look nice. I'd suggest using swiping motions for a better result.
You get a light coverage with this foundation which can be built up to fairly medium one but I wont suggest doing that. I use a spot-on concealer on my acne scars and under eyes with it If I want a better coverage.
It leaves my skin matte for about 4-5 hours depending on whether I set it with a powder or not. On normal days, when not much exertion is expected, I can easily wear it off alone and remain carefree for the day. Otherwise I do make sure I set it with a powder to increase it's staying power.
End Note: This is an amazing cream foundation for day to day use during summer regardless of the skin type. It's light weight, non cakey and makes your skin stay matte for a good amount of time.However a moisturiser is essential before application. Those who like a little more coverage, will need to pair it up with a good concealer to hide imperfections.
Where To Buy: Just4girls.pk Beautyarena.pk
Price: 1,200
You cannect to Color studio's Facebook page for regular updates regarding products.
Which foundation do you like to use in summer?
Do let me know
xx
P.r Sample














12 comments:
Ii am on the look out for a good matte foundation. This seems like a nice product!
xoxo
i like it but the smell is a tad unpleasant for me! :/ nice review! :)xx
Love that it gives a matte finish! exactly what you need or the summers :)
nicely reviewed .
So this is perfect for oily skin in summers wow... nice
Much Love
It looks super pigmented
I hate cream foundations forever but thanks for the nice review! :>
http://forest-doll.blogspot.com/
I always want a matte foundation but i can't use it due to my skin dryness . Great review xx
I can't wait to try this one. However, I've heard its a bit hard to blend. Is that so? Love your review! xx
Hey saira, as I said the best way to apply is using it with a wet sponge, it's not really hard to blend it that way. But yes with a dry sponge it is hard to blend it. xx :)
Sounds great for summers! I need to try this now <3
xo
Really tempted to try this out! :)
Post a Comment