I've really been wanting to try out a concealer palette. The idea of having of both, correctors and spot concealers in one case is pretty catchy for someone like me. Today's review features the 15 Color Camouflage concealer palette by Colorful Online.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
So the palette contains 15 different shades of concealers. There is lilac, green and yellow for color correction, glittery highlighter and then the usual deviations of basic concealer shades.
The consistency of the colors is not homogeneous, with the correctors and lighter shades being less creamier then the beige, skin toned ones. You can tell from the swatches the the darker shades are more opaque then the lighter ones. Infact lilac appears kind of just plain white upon application. The green shade does a nice job in counteracting redness along my nose and parts of cheeks.
Yellow was the color I was most excited about when I opened the palette. I only apply yellow toned concealers under my eyes. Performance wise, this wasn't that bad. Actually this worked exactly like my NYX above and beyond full coverage concealer in yellow. I wish it had a little more yellow pigment to it.
My favourite shades from the palette are all the beige and salmon-ish ones. I have to say I love them.
The middle nine colors look different but amazingly they all match my skin tone. I never put salmon concealer because I was always afraid of the pink tone it might give but man I was wrong! Salmon looks so much better under my eyes then yellow. The best part is that it doesn't look unnatural, it hides the darkness without giving a white cast around my eye area. For spot concealing, I only turn towards 4 shades included in the palette but since they are really creamy and it's horribly hot over here I don't apply it during day time.
The dark brown shades can be used for concealing however I strongly suggest setting it with a brown powder as they can easily slide off your skin because of the consistency, especially during summer.
The one pan that really annoyed me was the glitter one on the top left. It's meant to be a highlighter but it's just a paste of big chunks of glitter. I absolutely don't find it usable at all. While I was taking pictures, it melted away in the heat and since the glitter is so big, it can't be used on face.
As far as the coverage is concerned, some shades are opaque others are not. For instance the skin toned shades are more creamier and provide a better coverage then the lighter ones but since the lighter colors are only for solving discoloration problem, you don't wan't them to be opaque.
I'm actually happy with the coverage of these concealers. They are not heavy duty full or coverage but they do hide the imperfections quite wel.
There's an expiration date written on the back of the palette which is really good. My palette expires in 2016 but I know that I'm gonna finish it up way before that.
I was always skeptical about the concealer palettes because I thought there were too many unnecessary shades that might go wasted but having used this palette, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna finish 90% of the shades really quickly. I'm going to purchase this once I'm out unless I find a better concealer.
Price: $13.99
Join Colorful Online On Facebook Twitter Instagram and Youtube for updates.
What do you guys think about the palette? Anyone else tried this?
Do let me know
xx
Pr Sample






















5 comments:
I need this
such a versatile concealor palette, i love the range of shades in it from the look of your swatches! :) x
It looks amazing
http://www.betzysmakeup.com/
It really does conceal quite well. I can see that. Great review! :)
This is like a dream palette for any MUA! great swatches :) xx
Post a Comment