It's not a lipstick, it's not a lipgloss. It's something you'd call "In between". Rimmel Apocalips have gained a lot of attention ever since they were released. Read on to find out what I think about them.
Rimmel Apocalips in Nova (Top)
and Luna (Bottom)
Rimmel Apocalips In Nova
Rimmel Apocalips in Luna
Left: Luna
Right: Nova
My Experience:
The moment I saw the label "lip lacquers", I knew they were something to look out for. Rimmel Apocalips come in 8 different shades and I feel that the collection leans more towards pinks. I've got Luna and Nova.
Luna is a beautiful peachy nude shade and as much as I loved it at first sight (I'm a sucker for peaches/nudes), it was not the right kind of nude peach for my skintone (for the record, I'm NC25). It will, however, look gorgeous on lighter skins. I usually wear it over a darker lipstick just so that it tones down a little and I don't look too washed out. Nova is a bright pink that looks kind of fuchsia on my lips.This will suit most of the skin tones.
The texture of these lip lacquers is very creamy and glides on smoothly across my lips. It also keeps lips moisturized as long as it stays on. Now I see why it's being loved by so many girls out there, the pigmentation is amazing. It's really rich and opaque and you get a good amount of color just by a single stroke of the brush.
Since the product is a hybrid between lipstick and lipgloss, the staying power is somewhat in between too. It's much better then lipgloss, but not like a lipstick. But for a liquidy lip product, it lingers on well. I have a really bad lip biting/eating habit so I've to be extra careful with these on. Out of both, Nova (being a darker color) holds on better on my lips and leaves a tint behind as well.
The applicator comes with a small "dent", so when you take it out of the tube, it has enough amount of product accumulated in there to cover your lips so you don't have to dip the applicator back and forth.
Like most of Rimmel's lip products, these come with a scent too. To me, they smell exactly like their Color show off and kate moss matte lipsticks. It's a citrusy cherry kind of scent and I personally really like it.
I think these lip lacquers are definitely worth a try because of the texture and pigmentation. The color payoff is amazing and it's perfect for both day and night depending on the color you choose.
Where To Buy: BeautyArena, Just4girls.pk or Your Local Super/Drug Stores
Price: 975Pkr
Have you guys tried these? What do you think about them?
Do let me know
xx
Pr Sample






.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

9 comments:
i hv nova n celestial n i love both
Nova looks super pretty! I hope they bring out,ore subtle everyday colors!
I love apocalyptic! It's gorgeous and you have try that one! :)
hareem x
They look so great :)
I have nova and it's one of my current faves
Both the shades look very wearable! Great review :)
this makes me want to buy these :)
love the colors.
Its on my wishlist!
I have both of these.. love them :)
xo
Post a Comment